Monday, September 26, 2011

Marimekko

Living in Finland was not easy for me. It has been a bit more than 1 year and a half since I left Helsinki behind and I still have mixed feelings about the whole experience we had.
It was tough, cold, different and sometimes I thought I wouldn't make it.

But the truth needs to be said: Helsinki is such a beautiful city.

And what a lovely mixture: Helsinki's gorgeous silluete plus a marimekko hot air ballon? 
 

Marimekko is a Finnish textile and clothing design company renowned for its original prints and colours.They have amazing patterns and together with Ittala, represents the best of the scandinavian life style and beautifu design.

Finns love to make their homes pretty. To see an amazing real life example of that just pay a vistit to my lovely friend Pinja from Pinjacolada. She shares breath taking pictures of her lovely home on her blog. They just make my heart smile. 

Have you been to Scandinavia? 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Helena, you are so sweet :) Hope you'll still dare to come visit Helsinki and us one day? Hugs! Pinja

    ReplyDelete