Thursday, November 3, 2011

Fireworks Night

Exactly one year ago, I was flying back home after 3 very disturbing months in Rio. There were super difficult times, trying to save my mother from a horrible disease. I was devastated, really stressed and upset, and to be really honest with you, until today, I still couldn't recover completely from the chock.

Anyway, on my first week back in London, I was totally surprised to know that every 5th of November we have tons of fireworks all over the country! And here at work, the company who runs the buildings at Chiswich Park provides an amazing fireworks show!

I've got so emotional, full of tears in my eyes. Fireworks have the same effect in me as very instrumental songs, is this feeling that you can shout very loud and anyone will think you are crazy. Just like crying under the shower.

So, today, one year later, it's fireworks night again! yeeey! And maybe it's just the memory of all I've been through, or it's my 32nd birthday coming closer or the Christmas' ghost and the idea of having no family to celebrate with, I don't know, but today I reckon I feel more sad than I was last year.
Luckily it stopped raining in London and we'll have a very colorful and brilliant show tonight. Nothing like a good bunch of fireworks to make a girl happy!

A bit of history:
"Guy Fawkes Night, also known as Guy Fawkes Day and Bonfire Night, is an annual commemoration observed on 5th of November, primarily in Great Britain. It's history begins with the events of 5th of November 1605, when Guy Fawkes, a member of the Gunpowder Plot, was arrested while guarding explosives the plotters had placed beneath the House of Lords. Celebrating the fact that King James I had survived the attempt on his life, people lit bonfires around London."

If you want to know the whole story just click here!
I'm trying to take some photos tonight, cross fingers for nice pics tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Oi, querida Helena!
    Espero que a noite de fogos tenha sido linda!
    Muitos beijos!

    ReplyDelete